Staff Accountant – Bilingual English/Korean
Job Title: Staff Accountant/Treasurer
Reports to: CFO
OncoPep Inc, is an early clinical stage biotechnology company (Cambridge, MA) focused on developing immunotherapeutics, specifically peptide-based cancer vaccines and non-engineered T cells for the treatment of cancer. The Company’s lead drug candidate is PVX-410, an HLA restricted, multi-peptide vaccine targeting tumor antigens overexpressed in hematologic and solid tumors. To date, PVX-410 has been evaluated in phase 1 trials evaluating safety and immunogenicity in patients with multiple myeloma and triple negative breast cancer (TNBC). A phase 2 study for patients with metastatic TNBC is scheduled to begin.
This is a new position to support the expansion of the Company’s operations in the US and S. Korea and will report to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) located in South Korea.
The position of Staff Accountant will play a central role in preparing and directing day-day accounting activities, including Accounts Payable (AP), related General Ledger (GL) reconciliations and entries as well as Payroll preparation and other ad-hoc reporting. The position will increasingly contribute to the month close process and be asked to problem solve internally with Ring staff and externally with our Vendors to ensure accurate and complete accounting records. This is a unique opportunity, reporting directly to the CFO, within a rapidly growing biotechnology company with cutting-edge, proprietary technology. This position will be based in the Cambridge, MA offices.
- Enter all AP invoices, performing a match by verifying invoices against purchase orders and related packing slips;
- Obtain required invoice approvals from management;
- Monitor and manage the AP shared e-mail inbox;
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues in an increasingly independent fashion;
- Ensure accuracy, and policy compliance for all expense reports by reviewing and processing employee expense reports;
- Prepare and self-review check runs prior to submission to the Accounting Manager;
- Prepare and issue 1099 forms at year end.
- Assist within ADP Workforce Now by entering new employees and ensuring that personal information is properly populated in a timely manner by new hires;
- Maintain personnel files including required onboarding documents, updates to employees pay, address, and benefit changes;
- Grow into a position to independently prepare bi-monthly payroll runs, ensuring accurate incorporation of one-off pay situations.
- Assist with preparing monthly close process including balance sheet reconciliations, cash reconciliations, and fixed asset accounting.
- Communicate with company personnel and vendors on a regular basis;
- Prepare certain ad-hoc financial reporting and analysis;
- Assist the team with execution of process changes and improvements;
- Participate and contribute positively to the Company culture.
- Communication with accounting firm, KRX and KSD in Korea.
- Bachelors or equivalent degree in accounting or related field
- 1-4 years of experience in public accounting or private industry. Life sciences/biotech industry preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of accounting principles including US GAAP, K-IFRS and relevant accounting and financial concepts and Sarbanes-Oxley;
- Skilled in Microsoft suite, particularly Excel;
- Experience with Accounting/ERP systems a plus;
- Fluent in Korean and English language.
- Professional in all job aspects, including verbal and written communication;
- Ability to thrive in fast paced environment;
- Ability to work well independently and as a team member in a time sensitive environment with a positive attitude;
- Well organized, with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
Work Environment: This is a fast- growing organization which requires the senior team to be independent, highly communicative, flexible, hands on and willing to tackle multi-disciplinary challenges. Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally is required, it is anticipated that this will be 10 % of work time.
Physical Demands: The physical demands are representative of an office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EEO & EMPLOYMENT ELIGIBILITY
OncoPep is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. OncoPep also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of applicable law.
To apply please send CV to – email@example.com