Scientist (Immunology, Oncology)
We are looking to expand our Research team by recruiting a Scientist with a strong background in Immunology and Oncology. We are seeking a candidate passionate about driving high-impact projects for our target discovery program. This position will have a prominent role in building a highly innovative and proprietary immunotherapeutic platform that OncoPep has developed with one of its partners, and will have the opportunity for rapid advancement. This candidate will be expected to design, execute, and analyze diverse immunological studies. They will work with others across teams and functions in a highly collaborative atmosphere. This role will require broad knowledge of current concepts in cancer immunology and associated areas. The individual will present research findings to the group and share expertise with other scientists.
Design, develop, and perform studies that optimize our novel immunotherapy platform (more details to be provided under NDA). Key technical skills include:
- Multicolor flow cytometry and intracellular cytokine staining (ICS)
- Characterization of immune responses by functional assays, ELISA, ELISpot, and/or multiplex profiling
- Develop new potency assays for preclinical and translational applications
- Maintain detailed electronic records of experimental execution and any associated data analysis
- Contribute to technical reports for scientific publications/presentations, quality requirements, regulatory submissions, any intellectual property filings
- Mentor and train research associates
- Use strong communication skills to interact with other OncoPep scientists and external collaborators
- Read and analyze current scientific literature and integrate knowledge to propose new approaches and areas of study
- Assist in developing OncoPep SOPs using internal and external resources
- Serve as a subject matter expert on T-cell biology and function and maintain current awareness of developments and analytical methodologies in the scientific fields
Candidates should have the ability to independently troubleshoot technical issues and develop optimized processes/assays for critical tasks.
- Innovative, independent, and enthusiastic Scientist to join our growing Research and Development group
- A candidate who loves to create novel, and impactful therapeutic approaches and is excited to translate scientific discoveries into cancer therapies
- PhD (or equivalent) in immunology, cell/molecular biology, or related field, postdoctoral fellowship
- Expertise in mammalian cell culture with specific experience cultivating primary T cells and related T cell functional assays; advanced expertise in flow cytometry and FACS is required
- Experience with animal studies (both designing new studies and carrying out the experiments)
- Experience with the preparing novel therapeutics for IND is a definite plus
What are we looking for?
- Leading the way: A creative and learning-agile researcher, willing to challenge the status-quo
- Ownership: A partner to jointly own our company’s goals, values, and drive for success
- Working together: A colleague to thrive on collaboration with our teammates
- Loving what you do: A team member with positive energy who is passionate about our mission
What are we offering?
- A dynamic, fun, and learning culture in an exciting field
- The opportunity for rapid advancement in a growing biotech
- Ability to take a major role in shaping the future scientific direction(s) of our company
- Exposure to pioneering science and the full scope of the drug development process
- Innovative thinking: speed of adopting new technologies, clear prioritization, and using analytics to accelerate agile development
- A unique opportunity to help develop the platform and strategy of a burgeoning company and the evolution of a new research and discovery team
- Mentorship from experienced industry leaders who are passionate about science and enabling mentees to achieve their potential and beyond
Work Environment: This is a fast- growing organization which requires independence, highly communicative, flexible, hands on and willing to tackle multi-disciplinary challenges. Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally is required, it is anticipated that this will be 10 % of work time.
Physical Demands: The physical demands are representative of an office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EEO & EMPLOYMENT ELIGIBILITY
OncoPep is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. OncoPep also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of applicable law.
To apply please send CV to – email@example.com