Office Manager/Executive Assistant
Reports to: Senior VP Strategy/Operations
The Office Manager/Executive Assistant facilitates the management of the business office and aids the staff in a small biotech environment. This role provides administrative support to the CEO and other team members as needed. (Cambridge, MA)
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- Calendar management guru.
- Must be a creative, high-energy, hands-on professional who can successfully multitask in a sometimes fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated, proactive, and forward-thinking.
- Confident personality and capable of being persistent when necessary.
- Diplomatic and tactful.
- Discrete concerning confidential or sensitive information.
- Assists with recruitment and interview process.
- Schedules meetings and interviews as requested.
- Prepares written offer letters.
- Assist in the recruitment and onboarding processes, benefits enrollment and administration, employee record keeping, IT, training administration, I-9 verification, etc.
- Prepares new-employee files.
- Assist in managing IT infrastructure and shared sites.
- Assist with planning corporate events.
- Miscellaneous administrative support such as conference registration, greeting visitors, etc.
- Order office materials and supplies.
- Coordinate domestic and international travel as well a conference registration.
- Respond to and resolve administrative inquiries and questions in a timely fashion.
- Makes photocopies; mails, scans, and emails documents; and performs other clerical functions.
- Assists or prepares correspondence as requested.
- Manages office operations, visitors, mail, kitchen maintenance, lab orders.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Someone who welcomes taking on new projects or tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- A self-starter who thrives in an environment where you welcome the opportunity to learn new things and take on new projects.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a fun environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Set up office practices and procedures.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a sometimes high-paced environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the organization’s hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, compensation practices, and the administrative practices related to those factors.
- Excellent understanding of English, both written and verbal required
Education and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and/or experience required
- 2- 5 years administrative experience with C-Suite support preferred, but not essential
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, and Outlook required
- Experience in the biotech or pharma industry is preferred, but not necessary.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Attention to detail and great organizational skills
EEO & EMPLOYMENT ELIGIBILITY
OncoPep is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, or veteran status. OncoPep also complies with all applicable national, state, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of applicable law.